Thursday 7 January 2010

Friendship

I pride myself on trying to be considerate to others, a notion given to me by my wonderful parents. My mantra is never to say that you are a good person, as believing you already are does in my view fuel arrogance. Instead, I always say that I always try to be a good person - because yes, sometimes I will get it wrong and cock it up like everyone does - but I will at least be making the effort to do right.

Recently, a very close friend of mine has been going through some tough times. This is a poem I knocked up for her. I don't expect it to win any prizes, but hey it's my bloooog!

Ma Petite Grenouille

As I gaze outside, I feel so alone,
Sadness and sorrow fill my heart,
The winter has come, the trees look dead,
The emotions feel too strong inside my head.

Looking around me, I see little light,
But part of the sky is now filled with might,
I see my friend, I see my allie,
I know I am loved, more than money can buy,

Now, my friend is with me, I will someday be OK,
When and how, well I cannot yet say,
But what I can know, What I should know,
Is true loneliness need never be felt, wherever I go,

My friend is here, I will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment