Friday 21 March 2014

Twins

Twins

They come to us right as a pair,
Best friends right from the start,
To make this thing that’s oh so special,
It’s nature’s work of art,

All kinds of theories are out there,
About their special gifts,
I wonder if inside the womb,
They sometimes have a tiff,

They come to us all shapes and size,
Sometimes a girl or boy,
That film that stars ol’ Dan and Arnie,
All bring a lot of joy,

I wonder if they think the same,
Or if that’s just a tale,
If someone said to pick my fave,
I’d happily go fail,

These twins are this earth’s gift to me,
I don’t know what to say,
Except to say that I shall love them,
Until my dying day.

Explanation

This is another case of someone challenging me to write a poem. Blame the internet. If you want to suggest any to me, just tweet me @philverney.





No comments:

Post a Comment