Sunday 20 July 2014

Keep the hope

Keep the hope

A lot’s going on in the world right now
That’s leaving us pausing and asking just how

Why we are so cruel and destructive right here
And that thought keeps leaving me shedding a tear

There’s rape and there’s war and there’s hurt and there’s fear
The news rarely leaves us feeling much to cheer

The hope feels just pointless, accept we’re all bad?
Well no I don’t see that, for much to be glad

Cos I see a world where yes there’s some hate
But goodness in droves, just look, we are great

Donations and gifts little things we don’t see
I know that they’re out there, from that I take glee

Remember Love Actually, that quote from Hugh Grant
Love is all around! I think we should chant

So don’t lose the hope, we will make this right
Compassion together will make this world bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment