Saturday 19 July 2014

Kitchen White Goods

Kitchen White Goods

There are some quite odd folk around
Who’ll send me random themes
But let me see what I can write
From fingers words shall stream

A poem about kitchen goods
Those ones are classed as white
I fear my bid to do this well
May end up being shite

For me the freezer is the best
Can store my microchips
Tomato ketchup in my view
The best of all the dips

One thing that tends to bug me lots
That shop known as Selfridges
I just don’t understand at all
Why they do not sell fridges

So wash and dry put clean clothes on
So you don’t smell of sweat
To me becoming normal
Isn’t something that I threat.


Explanation

This is another case of someone challenging me to write a poem. Blame the internet. If you want to suggest any to me, just tweet me @philverney.



No comments:

Post a Comment